Thank you for your interest in supporting the Texas Wildlife Association’s Texas Youth Hunting Program (TYHP). We believe we have one of the safest and best hunting programs available. Our goal is to provide every youth in the state who wants to go hunting a safe, memorable and educational hunt. After a youth and his/her accompanying adult have participated in the program, they are safer, more educated, and more ethical hunters.
For the landowner, we provide up to $2 million of commercial liability insurance protection as well as other forms of coverage. Our policy is based on the safety incorporated into our program.
As a minimum, the youth must:
- be between 9 – 17 years of age
- have completed Hunter Education
- have a valid hunting license with appropriate tags as necessary
- complete a required TYHP liability release which will include the Landowner
- be accompanied by his or her “own” adult at all times. During the actual hunt, the hunter must be accompanied by an experience hunter (generally the youth’s “own” adult, normally a parent, who has satisfied TYHP requirements including a Hunt Guide orientation for your hunt)